Tuesday, June 17, 2008

E.

Now I'm walking on a different side of the road,
For some reason I will never know.
Well, I'm standing here...
Roaming here...
Of a time that ceased to exist...
Long ago.
Do I turn around to the past...
Do I continue on in my present,
My future?
Where there is no escape,
As time turns to dust...
There's nothing left to return to.
Which place will fit best?
I bet nobody knows,
And that alone doesn't matter...
I just wish that I knew.
Who are you?
Who am I?
Am I you?
Is this why...
So many things in life are unexplained,
For me?
Things continue to change,
The scenery around me...
I cannot blame,
For having time warped.
Too sadly soon,
This place will be a wasteland,
Only I will remember.
Should I live the way I remember?
Should I live the way I know?
And in the end...
Is there a difference?





[Written while walking where I used to live for eleven or so years of my life. I will never ever forget that place where reality seemed to turn into my own medicine store... I could choose to accept what I wanted and throw out what I didn't want. I will never forget those days or those memories created by me and my family... including my best friends. I won't forget any of it.]

No comments: